jeudi 1 janvier 2009

Les incipits : SWIFT, Gulliver's Travels.




A letter from Captain Gulliver to his Cousin Sympson.
I hope, you will be ready to own publickly, whenever you shall be called to it, that by your great and frequent Urgency, you prevailed on me to publish a very loose and uncorrect Account of my Travels ; with Directions to hire some young Gentlemen of either University to put them in order, and correct the Style, as my Cousin Dampier did, by my Advice, in his Book called, A Voyage round the World.


Jonathan SWIFT, Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World. In Four parts, viz. I. A Voyage to Lilliput. II. A Voyage to Brobdingnag. III. A Voyage to Laputa, Balnibarbi, Luggnagg, Glubbdubdrib, and Japan. IV. A Voyage to the Country of the Houyhnhnms. By Lemuel GULLIVER, first a Surgeon, and then a Captain, of several Ships, 1726 (1735).

Aucun commentaire:

© Nicolas Codron / all rights reserved